Is Article 4 in Nottingham?

Is Article 4 in Nottingham?

On the 9 March 2011, Nottingham City Council made an Article 4 Direction (which applies to the whole of the Nottingham City Council area) removing permitted development rights for change of use of a building from a use falling within Use Class C3 (dwelling houses) to a use falling within Use Class C4 (houses in …

Do outbuildings need planning permission?

Outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, provided all the conditions are met.

How much is a HMO Licence Nottingham?

How much does Nottingham Additional Licensing cost? The total standard fee for an Additional HMO Licence is £1330. You pay £890 up front and £440 when your application is approved. Those Landlords who choose to be ‘less compliant’ (don’t follow all Council recommendations) will pay a total of £1720.

Do you need permission to turn a house into a HMO?

The quick answer is: no, often you don’t need planning permission to convert a property to an HMO.

What does C3 Residential mean?

C3 – Houses, Flats, Apartments Class C3 is use as a dwelling house (whether or not as a sole or main residence) * by a single person or by people living together as a family, or. * by not more than 6 residents living together as a single household (including a household where care is provided for residents).

What does a HMO need to have?

Your home is a house in multiple occupation ( HMO ) if both of the following apply:

  • at least 3 tenants live there, forming more than 1 household.
  • you share toilet, bathroom or kitchen facilities with other tenants.

How do I get planning permission for a project in Nottingham?

Find out if you need planning permission and how within the Nottingham area. Find out the design criteria that applies to your scheme. The City Council offers a wide range of support services to ensure a smooth and speedy planning process. Apply for planning permission or download application forms.

Are there any restrictions on’to let’properties in Nottingham?

Parts of Nottingham are subject to additional controls on boards advertising property ‘To Let’. Click here for more information about local controls on ‘To Let’ boards. You may also need our permission for the demolition of buildings, alterations and extensions to Listed Buildings, and works to some trees.

How do I report a building that doesn’t have planning permission?

Apply for planning permission or download application forms. Find information here about reporting a building that doesn’t have planning permission.

Do I need planning permission for new building work?

Most new building work needs planning permission. Planning permission is also needed for some changes to how land and buildings are used. Further details are provided below. We offer a pre-application advice service with full details on the Pre-application page .