How do I become a MIEE?
To become an MIE Expert, you must have joined the Microsoft Educator Center and become an active user, earned your Certified MIE Badge, and demonstrate how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your work with students and teachers.
How do you write a discussion board?
How to Write a Strong Discussion Post [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Do your homework.
- Read prompts carefully.
- Wake up your classmates with a strong argument or perspective.
- Be relevant.
- Bring something unique to the post.
- Prepare your response in a text editor (like Word) before you post.
- Leave participants wanting more.
How do you create a discussion on blackboard?
Creating a Discussion Forum
- On the main Discussion Board page, on the Action Bar, click Create Forum.
- On the Create Forum page, type a Name. Users click this name to access the forum.
- Optionally, type instructions or a description in the Description text box.
- Under Forum Availability, select the Yes option.
- Select Forum Settings.
- Click Submit.
What is Mie certification?
The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes.
How do you develop a discussion question?
Tips for Writing Discussion Questions
- Compare, contrast, and look for connections between articles assigned on a given day with each other or with past articles assigned for class.
- Look for gaps in authors’ reasoning or statements that you find problematic.
- Think about the broader issues that the author’s arguments point to.
How do I create a group discussion board on Blackboard?
When you create a course group, enable the discussion board tool to help groups collaborate and communicate.
- On the Create Group page, select the check box for Discussion Board in the Tool Availability section. You can allow members to create forums.
- Select Submit.
What makes a good discussion post?
Good discussion threads should be substantial but concise: convey only the information that is most meaningful and accessible to your classmates. Make sure to always re-read your response! A good habit is to copy and paste your thread into a Word document prior to posing to check for errors in spelling and grammar.
What is a thread in a discussion forum?
A thread is a conversation within a forum that includes the initial post and all replies to it.
How do you respond to an online discussion post?
Validate the post by sharing your experience and stating how it relates to the course material or to the initial post. Agree or disagree with the post and explain why you agree or disagree. Expand on your classmate’s post to demonstrate that you understand the topic.
How do I reply to a discussion board on Blackboard?
The Blackboard Discussion tool works in a similar way….Replying to a Thread and Post
- Enter a new subject, or leave unchanged.
- Click the Show More ( ) button if you cannot see all of the tools in the Toolbar Area.
- Then enter your reply in the message area.
- Include attachments if allowed and desired.
- Click Submit.
What is the Microsoft educator community?
One virtual place for learning is the Microsoft Educator Community . It is an internet portal that allows educators around the world to follow courses, find and put up lessons, but also to interact with one another and organize various activities and projects.
What does it mean to subscribe to a thread?
It means that you get an email whenever there is an additional posting made to the thread. The email provides the details of the posting, as well as a link to the thread. It’s good to subscribe to threads of interest so you don’t have to keep going back to check on whether there’s been any updates. 3.
How do I subscribe to a discussion board on Blackboard?
- Enter the Discussion part of your course.
- Select the Forum.
- Click Subscribe.
- To unsubscribe, click Unsubscribe.
How do I post a question in Microsoft community?
- Visit the Microsoft Community website.
- Click “Ask a Question” towards the top-right of the page.
- Set up or log into your account at Microsoft Answers, to ask them your question,
- Click the “Participate” button from the homepage, and then click the “Ask a question” link/button.
What makes you a Microsoft community expert?
A user is a community expert when they get 3 Accepted Answers on a tag over a 30-day period. When you become a tag expert your user will automatically begin to follow that tag.
How do I edit a discussion board on Blackboard?
Edit a forum
- On the Discussion Board page, open a forum’s menu and select Edit.
- On the Edit Forum page, change the forum’s name, description, availability, or settings.
- Select Submit.
What does discussion board mean?
A discussion board (known also by various other names such as discussion group, discussion forum, message board, and online forum) is a general term for any online “bulletin board” where you can leave and expect to see responses to messages you have left. Or you can just read the board.
What is the difference between writing a paper and a discussion post?
Writing a paper is you simply telling people what you believe or think, giving or stating your position or where you stand on a particular subject matter while writing a discussion post is you sharing your opinion or believes with other people and requesting or seeking for their own opinion or believe back in return.
How do you filter threads on Xbox?
To get to Xbox Forums, navigate to “Categories” at the top left and scroll down to select “Xbox.” Now, Microsoft Community forums has a lot of threads, so to browse different thread options, make sure to use the filter boxes to hone down your search options.
What filter options are available for question threads?
Yes. Use the topic filters and calendar thread list filters to find threads that were posted within a defined timeframe. These filters appear in addition to other forum filters. You can use sorting options as well.
How do you use a discussion board?
We offer the following suggestions for making good use of discussion boards.
- Set up and use the boards early.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Vary the group size.
- Vary the response form.
- Encourage students to engage in conversation in their responses to each other.
- Encourage students who need it most.
What is a Microsoft showcase school?
As Showcase Schools continue their education transformation journey, they are supported by Microsoft, their partners, and each other through capacity building, transformation guidance, peer learning, amplification opportunities, and early access to research and solutions. Learn more about the Showcase School Program.
What is Mie certificate?
The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) status recognises educators who are using technology to pave the way for their peers for better learning and student outcomes. This recognises educators who are beginning their journey with the use of Microsoft Office 365 and the Future Facing Learning toolkit in their teaching.
What is an innovative educator?
Innovative teachers know how important it is to allow students to explore their own creative potential. They savour opportunities to learn new things are not afraid to take risks in their learning and teaching. They do not view mistakes as failures, but as opportunities to grow and try again.