How long can you use orthovisc?
With just three or four consecutive, weekly injections, ORTHOVISC® treatment can provide up to six months of knee pain relief. Everyone responds differently, but some people experience pain relief after the first injection.
How painful are Orthovisc injections?
The most commonly reported adverse events are joint pain, back pain and headache. Others include temporary pain at the injection site. ORTHOVISC should not be given to patients with infections or skin diseases in the area of the injection site.
How many times can you have Orthovisc injections?
For optimal results, it is best to have the injections exactly one week apart. 4-6 weeks from the injection is when you will feel the full effect of the medication. The effects of the medication last on average 4-6 months. You can repeat Orthovisc injections every 6 months as needed.
Does orthovisc reduce inflammation?
Conditions treated with orthovisc / hylagan While knee and other joint injections cannot reverse osteoarthritis, they can help reduce the debilitating symptoms of pain and inflammation associated with it.
What are the side effects of Orthovisc?
* Side effects are sometimes seen when ORTHOVISC® is injected into the knee joint. These can include: pain, swelling, heat, rash, itching, bruising and/or redness. You may also feel achy. These reactions are generally mild and do not last long.
Does Medicare pay for Orthovisc?
Does Medicare Cover Orthovisc Injections? Unfortunately, Medicare does not cover Orthovisc injections.
Is Orthovisc safe?
* The safety and effectiveness has not been established for more than one course of treatment. * Side effects are sometimes seen when ORTHOVISC® is injected into the knee joint. These can include: pain, swelling, heat, rash, itching, bruising and/or redness. You may also feel achy.
Is ORTHOVISC safe?
What are side effects of Orthovisc?
Common Orthovisc side effects may include:
- joint pain, stiffness, or swelling;
- itching, numbness, or tingling;
- headache, dizziness;
- back pain;
- swelling, pain, redness, or mild discomfort where the medicine was injected.
What should I do after ORTHOVISC injection?
* For 48 hours after you receive the injection, you should avoid activities such as jogging, tennis, heavy lifting or standing on your feet for a long time (more than one hour). The safety and effectiveness ORTHOVISC® in joints other than the knee has not been demonstrated in U.S. studies.